Be the first user to complete this post
|Add to List|
FileSystemObject in Excel Macro
The FileSystemobject act as an mediator for your code and computer’s system files. Once you create the object of FileSystemObject, using that object you can perform various operations on your computer like create creating folders, textfiles, reading them, deleting them etc.
Create object of FileSystemObject.
Dim fso As New FileSystemObject
Make sure the “Microsoft Scripting Rumtime” reference is added to your workbook (Excel). To know more about adding a reference library
If you doesn’t want to add library to your excel then use the full name ( refLibName.Object), its same as in java when you import a package you can directly use the classes inside the package else you have to use full class name which is packagename.classname.
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
So here “Scripting” is a library name followed by “FileSystemObject”
Please check following methods of FileSystemObject
- FileSystemObject : CreateTextFile Method
- FileSystemObject : CopyFolder Method
- FileSystemObject : GetParentFolderName Method
- FileSystemObject : GetFileVersion Method
- FileSystemObject : GetFile Method
- FileSystemObject : FolderExists Method
- FileSystemObject:OpenTextFile Method