Be the first user to complete this post
|Add to List|
Given a Sorted Singly Linked List Array, Convert it into a Balanced Binary search Tree.
Given a Sorted Array, Convert it into its Balanced Binary search TreeObjective: You have been given a sorted singly List, you need to convert it into balanced binary search tree.
Why balanced binary tree is important:
You can also create the first node as root and insert all other nodes to the right of the tree because List is in increasing order but this constructed tree won't be a balanced tree, it will be the skewed tree and to perform operations on this tree will be O(n), not O(logn).
Input: An sorted Singly Linked List
Output: Balanced Binary Tree
- Say mid is the middle node in the linked list.
- Recursively construct left subtree from start to mid-1
- Make the middle node as root and assign the left subtree to it.
- Recursively construct the right subtree from mid+1 to end.
- Assign the right subtree to root.
NOTE: This problem is very similar to " Given a Sorted Array, Convert it into its Balanced Binary search Tree" and Convert a Sorted Doubly Linked List to Balanced BST
Constructed BST is : 1 2 3 4 5 6