Be the first user to complete this post
|Add to List|
Resolved - sudo npm command not found
Recently when I was trying to run my application on an ubuntu virtual server, I kept getting the error
npm command not found even though I had installed nvm an node.
Based on my searches it seems like if you have installed nvm as a regular user, you wont be able to execute the nvm command with sudo.
The only painless way i could find to run nvm with sudo is by installing nvm using sudo itself through the following command
Here's the git repo that proposed the above command as a solution.
wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xtuple/nvm/master/install.sh | sudo bash
- Find the environment variables of a nodejs process in linux
- Error: can not find module 'underscore'
- Access the request body of a post request in your nodejs - expressjs app.
- gzip compress and cache api response in express
- exports is not defined
- Understanding semver versioning for your nodejs packages
- Debugging nodejs applications using node-inspector and Chrome Dev Tools
- Setup passportjs for local authentication and authorization using expressjs