Be the first user to complete this post
|Add to List|
Resolved - sudo npm command not found
Recently when I was trying to run my application on an ubuntu virtual server, I kept getting the error
npm command not found even though I had installed nvm an node.
Based on my searches it seems like if you have installed nvm as a regular user, you wont be able to execute the nvm command with sudo.
The only painless way i could find to run nvm with sudo is by installing nvm using sudo itself through the following command
Here's the git repo that proposed the above command as a solution.
wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xtuple/nvm/master/install.sh | sudo bash
- Use node in es6 syntax with babel transpiling
- What is an npmignore file and what is it used for
- Setup nginx with multi domain websites running on nodejs
- Understanding nodejs module exports and require
- Understanding semver versioning for your nodejs packages
- Accessing the request body and session in nodejs using express
- Installing, Listing and Uninstalling packages using npm
- Configuring jshint as a pre-commit hook for your nodejs applications