Be the first user to complete this post
|Add to List|
What does npm start do in nodejs
When you issue the command
npm start from the root directory of your nodejs project, node will look for a
scripts object in your
package.json file. If found, it will look for a script with the key
start and run the command specified as its value.
package.json does not have any
scripts object or if the scripts object does not have a
start key, it will run the command
node server.js instead.
Npm scripts are pretty useful because they let you group together and run logically related commands. e.g. linters, minifiers etc.
If you are unfamiliar with package.json, here's a nifty little interactive explanation of its different parts. Check it out!
- Send email using nodejs and express in 5 simple steps
- Use node in es6 syntax with babel transpiling
- What is an npmignore file and what is it used for
- Resolved - sudo npm command not found
- Setup nginx with multi domain websites running on nodejs
- nodejs: generate uuid / guid
- Configure The 'script' tag In package.json To Run Multiple Commands
- Find the environment variables of a nodejs process in linux